5 Jul 2008

Peacocks

I wonder if there'll ever be a time in my life when I stop getting such a kick out of buying cheap shoes? Considering my current financial situation it's doubtful I'll ever be in the position to find out.

On the way to the pool the other day I, out of curiosity more than anything else, wandered into Peacocks. I'm not averse to the sweatshop end of the high street (I love New Look shoes and Primark pants), but Peacocks has always seemed a bit, well, chavvy.

And from a clothes point of view I'm afraid I haven't changed my mind. (Does anybody really buy those bright pink velour hotpants?) But the shoe collection was a lot more interesting, and I picked up these (definitely not leather) sandals for £15.

peacocks sandals

OK so they are definitely not the most comfortable shoes I own, and they have a weird built up bit on the sole which doesn't extend to the toe and thus trips me up quite frequently, but on the whole a bit of a steal imho, and I practically skipped out of the (otherwise horrible) shop with them.

No comments: